Welcome!

This is my blog for Tom Houston Photography. My aim here is to help share knowledge. I have been fortunate enough to know some very smart and helpful photographers who have helped me a lot with my photography. This blog is how I want to return the favour, give back and help out others.

I hope you enjoy,

Tom

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Lens Re-Review: 50mm f/1.4 D

Lens Re-Review: 50mm f/1.4 D

So I just remembered something about this lens from my country shoot I did a while back that I forgot to blog about.

As I was going through the photos from the shoot I noticed a handful of them were a little soft.  It looked nice however nothing was really in focus which wasn't so great.  I found all the slightly fuzzy photos and noticed they all were taken at f/1.8.  So this is what I believe led to the soft photos and now I am avoiding using this lens at f/1.8 which is fine since I use it at f/1.4 or f/2.8 - f/4 range.  I noticed at f/2 it has also fine.  I have not shot a lot at f/1.6 however I do know f/1.8 was not sharp for some reason.

Do I like this lens any less?  Nope.  I have no problem not using it at f/1.8 and I still love this lens.  If you have not read my review of the 50mm f/1.4 D you should.

Thought you should know,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment