Welcome!

This is my blog for Tom Houston Photography. My aim here is to help share knowledge. I have been fortunate enough to know some very smart and helpful photographers who have helped me a lot with my photography. This blog is how I want to return the favour, give back and help out others.

I hope you enjoy,

Tom

Sunday 11 March 2012

Photos: Update: Flower Series!

Yes that is right folks.  I am posting my Flower Series!

It has been a long time in the making since they were harder to organize than I thought.  Also I was super busy with everything else in my life while I was taking these.  I have a total of seven Flower Series shots and will probably get more later however I decided to post them now.  I did this because I have now moved onto another series.  I have done more than seven Flower Series shoots however some were not quite up to either the standard I wanted, or they didn't turn out exactly the way I had planned.  Therefore I am just posting my top ones.

First I will have them only on my website since one is fairly revealing and is for +18 eyes.  I may post them on my Flick however I will stick to my website right now for the Flower Series.  They will also be posted on my Model Mayhem account soon just so I can "show off" my creative side there.

Here is a link to my website @ www.tomhoustonphotography.ca and you will find the series in my galleries.  Or you can click here to bring you directly to the gallery.

I  came up with all the series ideas as well as planned and organized all the shoots.  Some of the shoots I used my lovely and talented Makeup Artist, Leslie Emmerson.  The concept of the series was from my access to free flowers from a local florist in my city.  I decided I wanted to do a series of photos where I incorporated flowers into the portraits.  It was overall a very fun experience doing the shoots and very tedious at times.  Flower petals do not have much friction on skin.  I had to get creative and a little crafty with my ideas to pull this series off.

I hope to do more however I am very happy this this set so far.  I hope you are as well and thank you again for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment